College Diaries: Finishing a Semester, Staring Some Good Books

Happy Saturday, and welcome to the newest installment of The College Diaries! For those who don't already know, The College Diaries is a brief little feature that Emily and I use to talk about what it's like being book bloggers while also getting through college. We use these posts to talk about how we are managing our time, how school is going, what we're expecting in the upcoming semesters, etc. So without further ado, here is my installment for today!

Now that the end of December is here, I'm proud to say that I've managed to survive yet another semester at school. So that's something to celebrate!

happy celebration GIF

Now that I'm back for winter break, I'm looking forward to being able to curl up under a comfy blanket and get through some great books! I worked super hard this semester, managing to make my school's Dean's List and also landing my first internship in the publishing industry, so I've been looking forward to a few weeks of just being able to wind down and read without any other responsibilities before the craziness starts up again.

motivational high school GIF

I'm also really surprised that I got so much reading done this year (50 books!), especially since I've had such a lack of free time since coming to school. While 50 books would barely compare to my Goodreads Reading Challenges of the past (which were normally around 100-150 books), I had set my goal of 35 books for this year and I wasn't even sure if I would be able to achieve that with my busy schedule, so I ended up being delightfully surprised. 

Overall, it was another great semester and I've gotten even closer to making my post-grad dreams a reality, which is super exciting and even a little bit refreshing. I worked super hard, and even managed to finish #NaNoWriMo among the process of getting a job and prepping for finals and packing to go home! So it was a great time all around. I definitely felt like I had a lot more free time this semester than I have in previous years, even though my course load didn't change or get smaller, which is a bit strange, but I'm certainly not complaining!

If you're in college, how did your fall semester go? What are your own goals for next semester? Comment down below and let me now!

Now, if you'll excuse me -- it's time to get reading!





No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️