Review: Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver

Title: Requiem (Delirium #3)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Genre: Sci/Fi Fantasy
Publisher: HarperCollins
Rating: 3/5 stars


Summary: 
Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has transformed. The nascent rebellion that was underway in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven. Pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels.
As Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain of the Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor.Requiem is told from the perspectives of both Lena and her friend Hana. They live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.



After finishing this series, I was left with so many questions. If you cant tell already, I've had an insane amount of questions throughout all three books, some were answered and some were not. I was left wanting much more from Requiem and wasn't all that thrilled with it.

The book was told in the point of views of lena and Hana. Lena as she makes her ways through the unregulated lands of the Wilds and Hana after her cure still living in Portland. At first I thought Hana's POV was unnecessary, but it started to grow on me. I liked being able to get the feel of what it's like to be Cured and get a look at whats going on inside Portland. Also it gave you a look at how they take care of the Resistance and the events that unfold.

It took me a lot longer to finish this book than I wanted. To me, the book started slow. I feel like Lena and the others were trying to get from place to place for a while. Not much started happening until they arrived at the Waterbury Homestead.

Spoilers (skip this paragraph)

I'm going to rant about the ending for a minute. So the resistance is able to infiltrate Portland. I wish I knew more when it came to how successful they were. Yes, they were able to destroy the wall, but were they actually successful? Were they able to actually end this whole thing? I just wish there were more answers. Oh, and that whole love triangle between Alex, Lena, and Julian, I'm totally team Alex. Sorry, I just love him and Lena together.

Don't get me wrong, I loved this series. Especially the whole concept of love being a disease. I just had so many questions that were left unanswered! The series was definitely worth the read and I'm glad I finally got around to reading it.








No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️