10 Things I'd Rather Be Doing Than Participating In Today's Election

Today's the day, folks -- the end of the world. No matter which candidate you support, you can't help but acknowledge the fact that this election is going to go down as the messiest, craziest one to date. (I can see the outcries now.)

In an effort to diffuse the inevitable tension that everyone's feeling today, I decided to get a little humorous and share ten things I'd rather be doing than participating in today's election (special GIF edition!). So, without further ado, here's my optimal to-do list for today:

1. Sleeping.

kim kardashian sleep sleeping kuwtk exhausted

2. Eating a burrito.

burrito mexican food time

3. Taking a trip to Barnes and Noble.

books nerd library alexis bledel book store

4. Deciding not to leave my bed and instead online shopping for books online.

TV Land excited yes computer laptop

5. Caving and deciding to buy other online things such as clothes, shoes, and Twenty One Pilots merch.

The Grinder fox online computer frustrated

6. Taking a nice walk in the park.

Chris Gethard confused walking park fusion

7. Going to the gym -- or at least contemplating going to the gym.

America's Funniest Home Videos fail yoga gym ouch

8. Getting some more writing done for NaNoWriMo. 

writing noted a strongly worded letter jimmy fallon note

9. Doing my homework -- that's when you know.

dog school homework school work dog ate my homework

10. Enjoying a totally drama-free day on social media. Those are few and far between. 

RealityTVGIFs computer phone twitter social

So, those are the ten things I'd rather be doing today than voting. (But all kidding aside, please go vote if you can because your vote matters and exercising your Constitutional right is so incredibly important!) What are some things you'd rather be doing today? Comment down below and let me know!

*PLEASE NOTE: This post was meant to be a joke and nothing more -- I still think it's incredibly important to go out and vote, and I in no way am pushing my affiliation with any candidate. To be entirely honest, I dislike both of them. Please enjoy this post for laughs and don't take it to heart -- I take our American right to vote very seriously, coming from a military family. If you're 18+ years old and an American citizen, get yourself out there. Get your voice HEARD. And after that, have a nice day. :-)

2 comments

  1. LOL Love this, Jessica! After the madness and the ugliness of this election all you can really do is keep your sense of humor and laugh. I'm voting tonight as soon as I leave the office and I am so ready to have an end to all the mudslinging and political ads. Ack! Wish I could take to my bed and shop online all day! LOL

    Tanya @ GIRL PLUS BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, all of those sound way better! I'm in the UK so I'm thankfully missing a lot of the frenzy but it'll be good when this is over... Sleeping is probably at the top of my list of things I'd rather do!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️