YA Book to Movie Adaption: The Fault In Our Stars

    June 6th is only 20 days away now and the TFIOS fandom is in a frenzy. I don't blame them though because I am as well! 
  
     Now I will admit I wasn't in the fandom from day one. It actually took a lot of begging on Jessica and Emily's part for me to actually pick up the book and read it. Weeks of begging finally paid off. I finished off the book in a little over five hours and me feels! My chest was hurting so bad. It was like one of those book wounds that would never heal (It hasn't yet)

      We all know the gist of The Fault in Our Stars. Girl meets boy. Girl falls in love. Denies her love. But describing it as "One sick love story was correct." I am the type of person who needs a science fiction or paranormal aspect for me to actually take interest in a book, I guess I am just not a fan of reality, but this book was something different and I loved every page of it. 

     Okay, I am worried about the movie though. I don't want it to end up like Beautiful Creatures, like the director didn't even read the book, added things that never happened and made no sense to the plot at all. The Metaphor quote is already screwed up a bit. Nothing big but it was enough that when me and Emily watched it for the first time we were a bit ticked off. Also Augustus tells Hazel that he loves her on the plane to Amsterdam, not in the restaurant. I liked how it is at the restaurant but it still makes me upset. 



   My thoughts on who they chose to play Gus and Hazel? They perfected it. In my opinion at least. The first time I saw a picture of Ansel I immediately thought of Gus. Especially being a new actor and already playing a major role in Divergent as well as the male lead in The Fault in Our Stars? Amazing! I may have a bit of an obsession with him too. Shai, I don't even know how to describe my feelings when I finally saw her in the trailer. She brought Hazel to life, her voice, actions the way she moves. Just everything. She also landed the role of Tris Prior in Divergent. 

    I didn't expect Nat Wolff to play Isaac I have no worries at all that he won't  nail it. It makes me even more excited. (I loved him when I was younger. He will always be the leader of the Naked Brothers Band) 


One of the things I am most looking forward for BookCon is the John Green panel! That was my main reason for writing this post. I know I have a million other things I want to talk about but I don't want to make this post seem to long. So I am going to end it off with the trailer and a few pictures! 























~ Amber xoxo


No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️