Review: Frost By Marianna Baer





Title: Frost
Author: Marianna Baer 
Genre: Mystery, Paranormal, Fantasy, Ghosts, Horror, Boarding School 
Page Count: 396
Publisher: Balzer + Bray

Summary~

Leena Thomas’s senior year at boarding school starts with a cruel shock: Frost House, the cozy Victorian dorm where she and her best friends live, has been assigned an unexpected roommate—eccentric Celeste Lazar.

As classes get under way, strange happenings begin to bedevil Frost House: frames falling off walls, doors locking themselves, furniture toppling over. Celeste blames the housemates, convinced they want to scare her into leaving. And although Leena strives to be the peacekeeper, soon the eerie happenings in the dorm, an intense romance between Leena and Celeste’s brother, David, and the reawakening of childhood fears all push Leena to take increasingly desperate measures to feel safe. But does the threat lie with her new roommate, within Leena’s own mind…or in Frost House itself?

--------


Frost was something different. Not your typical ghost story. I am going to keep this review short and sweet.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well developed and the idea was solid and not done before. The end wasn't as I expected but it wasn't bad either. 

I can't tell if this was physiological or actually a haunting. It leaves it off at Celeste and Leena aren't quite sure. 

What was up with that damn owl? First off it creeped me out, and second it had its own voice? Was it the ghost? It doesn't answer that question. Also what she keeps in that owl. Her pills. Towards the ends she begins to depend on them. I didn't like that. People lost trust in her, she lost friends, and potentially the ones she loved. 

Interesting book, topic, and characters. Mixing ghosts with mental disorders left me on edge wanting to know if one of them was going to go crazy. I wish there was a sequel. 



 RATING: 





Note: I think my house is haunted. So reading this book wasn't the greatest idea. I slept with my light on last night. No kidding. Don't laugh at me. 






No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️